February 6, 2015 | Business Plans
As a Maine-based small business owner, you know that even the most successful companies can get caught in a rut now and then: a vicious cycle of status-quo marketing and current-customer dependence. If this sounds familiar, it might be time to take action to help increase sales and profits.
Here are five tips to get started:
- Ask the right questions. Many small business owners forget that they should listen to the answers their customers give them. It’s important to ask the right questions to best help customers with their needs.
- Pull out all the stops. Successful business owners know that going above and beyond customer expectations always works. Beating deadlines can turn make for some extremely loyal customers.
- Give them their money’s worth. Prospective customers want to know what makes one business different from their competitors. Business owners should focus on the value of their products and services, without talking initially about prices or fees. That will come later, once they know they can’t get along without the business.
- It’s not about you. It’s about customer’s profits, not business owners. If they can help them make more money this year than last year, they’ll keep coming back for more.
- Into the future. Focus company sales and marketing activities on helping customers appreciate how the products and services can contribute to their financial success.
Ready to start increasing your Maine-based business’ sales and profits? Contact Filler & Associates to increase profits, kick sales up a notch and inject new energy into your business.